The vision for this Foundation begun back in the 80s, through the strong belief, that compounds developed for various purposes by chemists around the world were worthwhile collecting and preserving. This constantly growing collection has and will still highly contribute to meaningful and great discoveries in science, by accelerating drug discoveries and research processing worldwide.
- To safely and permanently preserve historically significant chemical samples.- To share and exchange any other rare chemical samples worldwide.- To make the samples available to other professionals by creating synergies through scientists publishing discoveries in dedicated journals.
Purpose of the MDPI Sustainability Foundation
- Globally conserve molecular diversity is, the conservation of synthesized chemical compounds, separated and isolated from natural sources, such as plants and animals.
- To coordinate all international efforts for conserving molecular diversity.
- Systematically collect and store molecular and biomolecular samples.
- Make the collected samples and the associated scientific information globally accessible.
- Promote the scientific dialogue and the exchange of information between the interested organizations.
Legal structure- Registry date / place: 5th September 2012 at the Trade Register, Basel- Foundation Board: Dr. Shu-Kun LIN (President); Dr. Benoit Turin (member of the Foundation Board).- Legal Entity: Non-profit organization.
For further information please contact:MDPI Sustainability FoundationDr. Shu-Kun LinCH-4020 BaselE-Mail:firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: +41 61 683 77 34 Fax: +41 61 302 89 18